What is a Work Party?
In short, it’s an organised group of workers performing a task together. A social gathering at which the attendees work! At our canal work parties, we do a lot of gardening type activities such as digging, cutting vegetation back, moving and organising stone, raking and then the removal of the waste using wheelbarrows. There are a lot of skilled-labour tasks too, so if you think you have a skill that would be useful to us, please get in touch!
We need your help to restore the Somersetshire Coal Canal. Please do come and help out if you can, we’re a really friendly bunch and it is so rewarding. It can also be classed as a free green gym! No previous experience is necessary, we will show you the ropes and provide safety training where necessary. Please ensure you wear good boots and bring thick gardening gloves if you have some too. All necessary tools will be provided. We stop for breaks regularly and lunch too, so please bring your drinks, snacks and lunch with you.
Combe Hay Work Party Dates – every Tuesday 10:00-15:00:
- November 2023 –
21st (cancelled) &28th
- December 2023 –
5th12th & 19th (cancelled),
- January 2024 –
2nd9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th (cancelled),
- February 2024 – 6th, 13th, 20th & 27th
- March 2024 – 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th
- April 2024 – 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th
- May 2024 – 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
- June 2024 – 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
Contact us: to join a Combe Hay Work Party, contact Kevin Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting location: Combe Hay – BA2 7EE – Map link
Paulton Work Parties Dates – every Sunday 10:00-15:00
- December 2023 – 3rd only
- January 2024 – 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
- February 2024 -4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
- March 2024 – 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st
- April 2024 – 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
- May 2024 – 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th
- June 2024 – 2nd, 9th, 16, 23rd & 30th
Contact us: to join a Paulton Work Party, contact Stu Ashman at email@example.com or phone/text 07759 336864.
Meeting location: Paulton – BS39 7PF – Map link